4 Steps to Self Love Through Beauty and Art
4 Steps to Self Love Through Beauty & Art
2 of Pentacles,
When you balance your body, mind and spirit beginning in the morning of each day, by honoring yourself with thankfulness and gratefulness, your awareness expands and the less you 'need' from others. You don't need others' love, because you are love.
Nourishing Your True Self:
7 & 9 of Cups
By nourishing your true self with beauty and art, exercise and laughter, companionship and bonding, you open your self up to a new possibility of healthy relationships. We can only give from what we have, so in order to receive, you must generate self love from within that naturally bubbles up spontaneously when we practice self love. Genuine love happens when we honor and nurture ourselves.
7 of Wands & Judgement
Upholding our spiritual integrity is important in order to open into an expanded state of awareness where you maintain body movement, playfully engage in life and generously love from your heart. When you make the choice to nurture your body, mind and spirit, truly loving relationships becomes natural.
Ace & 2 of Swords, 9 of Pentacles, Hanged Man
Beauty and art nourish our souls, refining our aesthetic pleasures and it helps to elevate your mind as well as your heart. In the tarot, the swords represent your mind and thoughts. The cups represent your heart and emotions. When you get a download from the Universe, it makes its way into your mind, where you take the thought into your heart for evaluation. If it does not resonate with your heart, then you must take the thought captive, not letting it check into the 'Thought Hotel'. The negative thought has to check out, so that you have room to make choices that nurture your body, mind and spirit. You are worthy of love.
This is where we integrate meditation into our daily lives.
Thought of the Day:
I love and honor myself so that my relationships have a chance to blossom and flourish.
Here is an example of how I start my day.
1. Upon awakening, I give thanks, praise and gratefulness for my life, the sunshine, the birds chirping and even my bed and the clothes that I am about to change into.
2. I drink a large glass of warm water infused with lemon, garlic and cayenne pepper.
3. I do a 30 minute stretch and workout on YouTube from Blogilates, ‘Fire Workout’.
4. I do a 15 minute meditation. I enjoy guided meditations, however you may like to sit in silence.
And there you have it. This is a simple but profound routine that has changed my life.
You may also like to add incense to your practice.
Here is a list of some new varieties that I have tried and enjoy are from Kathmandu, Nepal.
1. Tibetan Monastery Incense, a traditional aromatic medicinal incense for prayer offerings and purification based on Tibetan Buddhism.
2. Sandal Wood Tibetan Incense with Himalayan herbs, ancient traditional orders of Tibet.
3. Amber and Musk, which is a special Tibetan incense prepared in the ancient traditional art of the monastic order of Tibet. It is comprised of 35 different herbal ingredients used for prayer and health.
4. Dragons Blood: Used for healing, protection, cleansing and banishing.
No matter what you choose to burn, if anything, it is always up to you to set the intention of your daily routine and meditation.